Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Servings: 3 • Serving Size: salad with 2 chicken tenders
Calories: 397.6 • Fat: 11.0 g • Protein: 26.8 g • Carb: 32.5 g • Fiber: 4.4 g• Sugar:10
- 6 (about 12 oz) chicken tenderloins
- 6 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp crushed cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup egg substitute or egg whites
- pinch salt
- olive oil spray
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar (balsamic would work too)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl. Put egg whites or egg beaters in another bowl.
Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for easy cleanup.Lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked through.
Place 2 cups baby greens on each plate. Divide carrots, cucumber, tomato evenly between each plate. When chicken is ready slice on the diagonal and place on top of greens. Heat dressing in the microwave a few seconds and divide equally between each salad; a little over 1 tbsp each.
Avocado Chickpea Salad with Basil Pesto
All my favorites in one big bite.
Healthy dessert for two! 2 honeycrisp apples, melted peanut butter drizzle, handful of chocolate chips, shredded coconut and a dash of cinnamon sugar! So good!
Pasta Salad Yumminess!
- Whole grain pasta, 1 box. I used penne.
- One bag of baby spinach.
- One carton of grape tomatoes.
- Reduced fat shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Half an onion, chopped.
- 2 gloves of garlic, chopped.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- salt, pepper and oregano.
- Put your water to boil in a pot and in a pan, start caramelizing your onions and garlic in EVOO (use enough EVOO to cover the bottom of the pan).
- Once the onions and garlic are caramelized (make sure the garlic doesn’t burn!), add the grape tomatoes and spinach! Mix it so the spinach can wilt down.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano to the veggies. A couple shakes of each will do!
- Once your pasta is done and your veggies are cooked, mix them together in a bowl, then add the cheese! I added in grilled chicken as well and it was awesome!
I decided to try some of that cookie dough Greek yogurt stuff… Holy shit. Soooooo good. Just one container of yogurt (vanilla), a tablespoon of peanut butter, natural sweetener if you need it and some chocolate chips! Perfect if you are PMSing like me lol.
Just made Hummus Crusted Chicken Breast, and seeing how quick and easy it was I thought I would share. It’s pretty simple to make:
- Season the chicken breast with Mrs. Dash chicken seasoning and let marinate for a bit (or not, I just have a habit of marinating all my meats after I season it for about 30 mins).
- Then spread as much hummus over the chicken breast as you like (I used classic hummus from Sabra).
- Lastly you sprinkle a bit of Mrs. Dash garlic & herb (or whatever flavor you like) on top of the chicken
- Bake at 380 degrees anywhere from 30-40 mins (your kitchen is going to smell AH-MAZING btw).And that’s it! Healthy and really yummy :)
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan and Herbs.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 6 cups Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
As some of you have been asking for the cauliflower crust recipe, I decided to write it down; I hope this helps.
1) These are the ingredients I used: cauliflower, eggs, carrots and parsley. Of course you can skip the carrots or the parsley or even add other things.
2) Shred the cauliflower, watch out for your fingers, it might hurt a little.
3) Shred your carrots and add them.
4) Cut the parsley to tiny pieces, add eggs, salt and pepper.
5) Mix everything well!
6) Get your pan and heat up some oil – I used olive oil.
7) Fill the mixture inside of the pan, disperse it a little and put the top back on the pan.
8) Wait about 8 minutes. As long as your cauliflower crust roasts, you can make a nice cup of tea and cut all other ingredients that you want to put on top of your crust, be creative, everything is possible and absolutely delicious!
9) Flip your crust - It might be difficult and about to break – try to use a plate to flip it. Once you’ve managed this, let it roast on the other side for some more minutes.
10) Now decorate it with anything you want and enjoy this healthy heaven!
Spinach and Feta Pie with Chickpea Flour Crust
This pie makes a fabulous breakfast, lunch or dinner, and it’s just as good cold at it is hot. Which is really, really good!
- 1 cup chickpea flour (also called garbanzo bean flour or besan)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed, moisture squeezed out
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup crumbled feta (3 ounces)
- ½ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- Black pepper
- Lightly oil a cast iron skillet and place in oven. Preheat to 500°F and heat for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, olive oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and 1 cup water until there are no lumps.
- With an oven mitt, remove hot skillet from oven and pour in batter. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine spinach with eggs, remaining ¼ tsp salt, feta, and cottage cheese. Blend well.
- Remove skillet from oven, and reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Spread spinach filling evenly over crust, sprinkle with black pepper, and bake 20 minutes longer. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 186 calories, 8 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 83 mg cholesterol, 13 g total carbohydrate, 5 g dietary fiber, 15 g protein
Chickpea Sweet Potato Quinoa Burgers with Spiced Yogurt Sauce
click photo for recipe
Quinoa Side Dish with Pine Nuts, Green Onions, and Cilantro
(click photo for recipe)
BAKED OATMEAL WITH STRAWBERRIES, BANANA AND CHOCOLATEIngredients
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, chopped
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, 1/2-inch slicesMethod
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously spray the inside of a 10-1/2 by 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, Chinese five spice, salt, half the walnuts, half the strawberries and half the chocolate. (Save the other half of strawberries, walnuts and chocolate for the top of the oatmeal). In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Arrange the remaining strawberries, walnuts and chocolate on top. Add the banana slices to the top then pour the milk mixture over everything. Gently shimmy/shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set. For an extra tasty top, sprinkle a tablespoon or so of extra brown sugar on top then place back in the oven under the broiler and broil for 20-30 seconds. Serve warm with an extra sprinkle of sugar or drizzle of maple syrup. (source)